This integration lets you access & view a user’s support tickets from Zendesk from within Freshchat.
To provide seamless DIY integration with Zendesk and with this integration with Freshchat, customers using Zendesk as their ticketing solution will be able to access and view a user’s support tickets from Zendesk, from within Freshchat. This information helps a Support Agent on chat better understand the problem of the user, and be able to update the associated Zendesk tickets right from within Freshchat.
The primary features of the app are:
- View Zendesk tickets associated with the user
- Create a new ticket from the chat conversation
- Automatically convert Offline messages to a ticket
- Search for a ticket using Ticket ID
- Append conversation to an existing Zendesk ticket
- Log in to your Freshchat portal and head over to the Freshchat product gallery using link https://web.freshchat.com/a/<your_account_number>/apps
- Select ‘All’ in Browse by category and search the ‘Zendesk’ app.
- Once you choose Zendesk, you will be redirected to the install page for the app.
- Enter your Freshchat API token and click ‘Authenticate’. Refer to this article to find how to generate API token: https://support.freshchat.com/support/solutions/articles/50000000011-api-tokens
Enter your Zendesk account Email, API Token, and Subdomain name. Turn on the toggle button Convert ‘Away Conversations’ into to tickets in Zendesk to automatically convert Offline conversations to tickets. Click on Authenticate button and click on Install. Refer to this article to get Zendesk API token: https://help-desk-migration.com/help/can-get-zendesk-api-key/
- Zendesk app installation is now completed
- To activate the app click on the Zendesk icon on the right navigation bar on the conversation page
To save conversation as a new Zendesk ticket or to save to an existing ticket, click on Create Ticket