Steps to install GitHub app in your Freshdesk account:
Log in to your Freshdesk portal and head over to the Admin tab.
Go to Apps and click on Get more Apps to open the Custom App Gallery.
Once you choose GitHub-MintUI Integration, you will be redirected to the install page of the app.
Login to your GitHub account using Admin Credentials.
Select the Organizations you want to allow Freshdesk access to and click on Grant button located next to each organization.
Once access has been granted, click on Authorize Application to link your GitHub account to your help desk.
On GitHub app installation Settings page, enter your Freshdesk domain URL and API key and click Authenticate.
- Select the possible subset of repositories that you want agents to have access to GitHub issue labels. You can select up to 20 repositories.
If required, select the option that enables automatic mapping of Freshdesk ticket types to GitHub issue labels.
If required, select the option that allows agents to assign milestones to GitHub issues.
If required, select the status you want to associate with the linked Freshdesk ticket once a GitHub issue has been closed.
If required, select if you want Freshdesk ticket responses and comments in GitHub issues to sync with each other.
After installation is complete, if you need to add/delete repositories or change settings follow these steps:
Go to Admin > Apps
- Locate GitHub app and click on ‘Key’ icon to Reauthorize the app.
- Select new repositories or delete unwanted repositories for the Repositories box and click Update Repositories and click Save.
After installation is complete, if you need to grant access to additional GitHub Organizations follow these steps:
- Log in to your GitHub account.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Organizations located on the left sidebar.
Click on Settings located next to the required Organization.
Click on Third-party access and click on Edit icon next to selected organization.
Click on Grant access.
The repositories contained in newly added organization will be visible in your Freshdesk GitHub app.